Version 1.0 - 4th May 2016
- If you need more assistance you can always contact our Customer Service team using the details contained found on the site.
Information Provided by You
- If you purchase goods and services from The Grocery Store or create an account with us, we may require you to provide your name, address, email address, credit card number or other details ("customer information").
We may subsequently require further details to enable the processing of any orders that you make.
You agree to provide The Grocery Store with current, complete and accurate customer information when asked to do so by the site or an employee of The Grocery Store.
- All care is taken to ensure that the site & supportive infrastructure including websites and data transmissions are free from viruses. However, it is your responsibility to scan any such data for viruses.
Other information you provide us
- Other information will also be collected with your permission from time to time. This will normally include preferences such as likes or dislikes.
- Outside of information that you enter on the web site, we also receive and store certain types of information when you interact with the site, this is might include but not limited to your device unique ID, IP Address.
How do we use the information?
- Information that you have provided us will be used in three ways:
- To enhance your shopping experience
- To communicate to you new products and services and also at times, the opportunity to up take on special promotions or offers. You have the option to opt-out of this communication by replying to the communication with an unsubscribe message or to change your preferences.
- To generate a holistic but anonymous view of the The Grocery Store customer base. This information will allow us to analyse trends and demographics to help The Grocery Store improve on the services provided.
- It is important to note that we only send periodical communications to people who have "opted in" to receive it. We do not set out to "spam" our customers in any way and honour their right to privacy.
Disclosing Your Information
- Partners—Third party companies and individuals have been engaged to perform functions on behalf of The Grocery Store. Functions such as fulfilling your purchases, credit card payment authorisation, trend analysis, marketing and promotions, but all information will only be used to perform their appropriate functions and not for other usage.
- Authorities—The Grocery Store will pass on any information relating to suspected fraudulent activity to appropriate authorities.
- Industry Groups—From time to time we provide statistical information about sales, trading patterns and navigation techniques to reputable third parties. This may comprise data collected about you and other users to form aggregate results. However, we will not provide any direct personal information that identifies you as our customer.
- Verification of Accounts—We do use various details to verify information given to us by our customers. At times, we use:
- names on customer accounts to compare with information on credit cards
- we use customer phone numbers and email addresses provided to us to communicate with customers about payments
- we use customer addresses to check against credit card billing addresses etc.
- in cases where fraud or other crime is suspected, we do communicate with Police, Banks and other relevant authorities
Lost login and password details
- All information relating to logins and credentials is intended to be kept private. Many account holders often forget details such as their access credentials, we can assist as required to reset these details.
- Sensitive information is secured using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software.
- Sensitive information sitting on servers used by the site is protected by state-of-the-art encryption and firewall technology.
- For payment processing we only use level 1 Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant payment gateway providers and we never touch or store your full card number, cvv ("sensitive payment details") on our systems or within the site.
- Your payment information may be stored directly with the payment gateway provider in exchange for a token to allow us to initiate a transaction with the payment gateway provider without requiring your sensitive payment details.
- Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Accessing Your Information
- Personal information that you have provided to us during registration can be changed by contacting us.
- It is important that any information provided or purchases made by children have the consent of parents or guardians.
Other Privacy information you should be aware of
- Sign out or close the site once you have finished using it. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence.
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your credentials and any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the Internet and the site
- Further Privacy information can be obtained on the Australian Privacy Commissioner's Web Site.
- If you need more assistance you can always contact our Customer Support with the details found on the site